Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro stuck on mute, help!

So, I have a MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8. Four days ago, after taking a pair of headphones out of the headphone jack, the volume bar greyed out, the input & output devices in System Preference completely disappeared, and my computer won't even play the turn-on chime. I've tried restarting, turning off and turning on, resetting PRAM, going on safe mode, you name it. And yeah, obvious as it is, I've tried wriggling inside the headphone jack to no avail. Any other suggestions before I drag it on down to the Genius Bar?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:20 PM

5 replies

Mar 20, 2014 8:09 PM in response to Cheri0887

right, allow me if you will to drop a bomb, i am a temporary macbook user but from what i can tell, and from what i have read, my notion are correct in regards to these computers, the woman allowing me to use this computer appearently decided that it was okay to spend $900.00 on a machine that works no better then a 5 year old smartphone, and functions like something i bought infected from a pawnshop, the point is that you get what you deserve for buying this device, i had just got done reading another artical on the apple support site in regards to this same issue, you have got a guy that was using a toothpick to fix the issue and it worked and i can't help but laugh because i have never had this issue when using a windows laptop at or around the price range of $280.00, and windows *****...

take it from anon

get a computer, not a toy

MacBook Pro stuck on mute, help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.