Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to edit text in Motion 5?

I am using Motion 5 and a Template (from Motion VFX), and had trouble editing the text in this one text field. I couldn't just click in the Canvas and edit the text; it would just create another text box.

I am trying to get out of the habit of just clicking on the canvas, and I want new ways to edit text.

I searched and I found one way. I would use the "Find and Replace" tool (Command and F), and then search for the text string, and have it edit it. Is this the best way in everyone's opinion? Are there other ways I can edit text fields? Any tips?

Thanks,

Craig G from DC

Mac Pro Quad Core 2.8 GHz 8 GB, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2 internal 1TB Sata Drives, 4 ext FW800 Drives

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 12:11 AM

Select the Text "layer" in the layers column; select the Text tab in the inspector; select the Format button at the top and change the Text in the Text field at the bottom.

BTW, that text field is publishable for FCPX from the disclosure triangle that appears when you mouse over that space with the "Text" header.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2012 12:11 AM in response to CraigJTMP

Select the Text "layer" in the layers column; select the Text tab in the inspector; select the Format button at the top and change the Text in the Text field at the bottom.

BTW, that text field is publishable for FCPX from the disclosure triangle that appears when you mouse over that space with the "Text" header.

Best way to edit text in Motion 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.