Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.7 will not download!

I am trying to update to the latest version of iTunes (10.7 I believe) so that I can upgrade my iPad to iOS 6. I have tried updating iTunes through the Apple Software Update and it will start downloading. However, it will stop downloading giving me an error message that says it will not be downloaded.

I have also tried downloading iTunes from www.apple.com/itunes/download. When I try this method using any of three browsers (IE9, Firefox and Google Chrome), the download never begins. I have tried lowering the pop-up blocker settings like the Apple website told me, but nothing has worked!!

iTunes 10.7-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:40 PM

1 reply

Oct 19, 2012 3:55 PM in response to VincentGross

Perhaps try downloading and saving a copy of the installer to a different PC. (If you're on a 32-bit Windows system, try to download on a different 32-bit Windows system.) Copy the iTunesSetup.exe installer to an external hard-drive, or a large-enough thumb drive or burn it to a CD-R. Carry the installer back to your PC, copy the installer to your hard drive. (Don't run the install from the ExHD, thumb or CD-R.) Start the install by doubleclicking the iTunesSetup.exe file.

iTunes 10.7 will not download!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.