Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed a new battery for a Macbook 2,1 New battery not charging. Battery symbol shows (Not charging) and replace battery. Green LED on magsafe connection. Disconnection results in an instant shutdown.

I have just installed a new Battery after the old one showed (Not Charging) and when you clicked on this icon the dropdown"condition replace now". Problem now is the computer still shows the same message in the top bar (Not Charging) and the dropdown also shows "condition relace now". the magsafe show the greem LED i.e not charging, but providing power. If you disconnect the magsafe the computer powers off instantly confirming we have power. I have carried out resetting the SMC controller and still no change. Tested the standby voltage on the magsafe pins etc, all in spec. What should I do now, as I don't want to keep spending more and more. Bellow is the info from the system profiler.

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Manufacturer: DP

Device name: ASMB016

Pack Lot Code: 0002

PCB Lot Code: 0000

Firmware Version: 102a

Hardware Revision: 0500

Cell Revision: 0102

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh): 0

Fully charged: No

Charging: No

Full charge capacity (mAh): 0

Health Information:

Cycle count: 1

Condition: Replace Now

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 6940

System Power Settings:

AC Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Automatic Restart On Power Loss: No

Wake On AC Change: No

Wake On Clamshell Open: Yes

Wake On LAN: No

Current Power Source: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Battery Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 2

Wake On AC Change: No

Wake On Clamshell Open: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Reduce Brightness: Yes

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

AC Charger Information:

Connected: Yes

ID: 0x0100

Wattage (W): 60

Revision: 0x0000

Family: 0x00ba

Serial Number: 0x00391563

Charging: No

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacBook 2,1

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 4:47 PM

8 replies

Oct 22, 2012 5:09 PM in response to Courcoul

Great response, but the trader is happy to give a refund. I DID CHECK them out prior to the purchase and with over 1200 sales and 100% positive feedback I think your comment of Screwme is not helpful. In fack this forum is full of the same battery problems and it doesn't help when the original batttery lasted under 100 cycles.

Oct 22, 2012 5:13 PM in response to verv.paulus

I tried this with the old battery as it showed the same symtoms, but when trying to install the firmware I get the following statement. "This update requires Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11 or newer or Mac OS X Leopard or newer." As I'm running 10.6.8 this shouldn't happen.

Cheers and thanks for the constructive comments.

Installed a new battery for a Macbook 2,1 New battery not charging. Battery symbol shows (Not charging) and replace battery. Green LED on magsafe connection. Disconnection results in an instant shutdown.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.