Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto photos missing

I imported a few hundred photos today (several hundred photos imported in just two 'import sessions'). I browsed through many of them. When it prompted me that it was done importing would I like to delete them from the camera, I put yes to delete. Unfortunately, now I can't find them in iPhoto! Is there some place they could have gone? When I go to last 12 months section it doesn't have them there either, nor under events or photos. HELP! I am using Mac OS X 10.7.5 and iPhoto '11 ( 9.4.1)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 7:12 PM

2 replies

Oct 20, 2012 12:13 AM in response to Jdamico

1. You can recover the files from the camera card with an app like MediaRecover

2. Never let your computer erase data without you first checking that the data is safe. Specifically never use iPhoto (or any other app) to delete the photos from your Camera Card. Disconnect the camera, check the transfer has gone correctly and then use your Camera to Reformat the Card. This has three advantages:

1. You know your data is safe - because you've taken the time to check it.

2. Reformatting the card is much, much faster - takes a couple of seconds

3. Reformatting also refreshes the Directory Structure on the Card, helping prevent issues with the card and prolonging its life.

Regards

TD

iphoto photos missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.