Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer a project from the trial version of Final Cut Pro X to the Full version

Can I transfer a project from the trial version of Final Cut Pro X to the Full version which I have now downloaded.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 10:53 PM

13 replies

Oct 20, 2012 2:18 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I might have made a mistake in the fact that the trial version was open when I was downloading the paid version. The full version has got nothing in it. I tried dragging and dropping from the trial. My iphoto pictures are there but cannot bring up anything in events in the top left. I am pretty new to using it - I have been using the trial for 10 days, and felt I had learnt most of what I wanted to know.

Oct 20, 2012 5:01 PM in response to rosemaryfromtakaka

The trial version is named "Final Cut Pro Trial" and the App Store version is called "Final Cut Pro".

So, they can both be in the Applications folder at the same time, but only one can be open/launched at a time.

If, for some reason, your trial is older (like version 10.0.4) that your newly purchased FCPX (should be 10.0.5), and you do not click Update to your events/Projects, they will NOT show in the bought version!

Open the licensed FCPX and make sure it does update your things, in case it asks for it!

Oct 20, 2012 5:45 PM in response to Jakob Peterhänsel

The versions are both the latest. I only downloaded it yesterday. And I can have both open at the same time. One version does not seem to recognize the other. I did ask to update, and it did, but nothing has changed. It also did an update, just after the download finished.

Maybe I should trash the trial version.

I just hoped that the work I had done in it could be saved, but I can do it again.

My iphoto library is showing on the lower right, but nothing in the upper left.

Can I transfer a project from the trial version of Final Cut Pro X to the Full version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.