Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help to use this community.

I have visited this community as a guest for a couple of years, and today I joined.

I am getting lost in the profile choices and how to add a further question to an existing thread.

The help pages are just not working for me.

I feel that this community is worth the effort to get to know and has a lot to offer.

Also it will be good to share some of my solutions with others.

I tried going in feet first but it doesn't feel comfortable.

roro 😕

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 3:15 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

I recommend to create a new thread when you have another question (if it's different that the asked).

Profile pages are simple: you have the main page with all your information and your posts, and you have two tabs:

Profile and "roro the hawk's Stuff", for example, with all your recent activity on the Apple Support Communities. At the right you have options to modify your profile and notifications. Feel free to modify your options. Again, welcome to the Apple Support Communities

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2012 3:15 AM in response to Community User

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

I recommend to create a new thread when you have another question (if it's different that the asked).

Profile pages are simple: you have the main page with all your information and your posts, and you have two tabs:

Profile and "roro the hawk's Stuff", for example, with all your recent activity on the Apple Support Communities. At the right you have options to modify your profile and notifications. Feel free to modify your options. Again, welcome to the Apple Support Communities

Oct 20, 2012 3:26 AM in response to mende1

Thankyou mende1,

Can you tell me how to use the notifications tab?

If I do not have a new question, but one that is related to an existing post, how do I ask it?

Is it right to ask a completely new question? How can it be linked to the previous answer so that people can see the whole range of solutions.

I am not trying to be obtuse, still confused.

I followed a link in the help about this and it lead to a blank page.

Oct 20, 2012 4:04 AM in response to mende1

I feel like I am just about there, I have updated my profile. I have re-read all the tutorials and have put "link threads" in at the search communities box. Nothing related came up. Can you please tell me how to put the link of an existing (recent) thread that belongs to someone else to a new question from me?

Oct 20, 2012 4:08 AM in response to seventy one

Thankyou for your kind response, seventy one.

I am learning even from this interaction with you and mende1.

I have re-read the tutorials and will keep on trying to understand.

I appreciate the welcome.

Regards

roro

Oct 20, 2012 4:12 AM in response to mende1

Thankyou mende1, it must have seemed so obvious that it didn't need mentioning. I understand now and will apply it in the future.

Peace of mind.

roro🙂

I need help to use this community.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.