Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what could sensor error on the logic board cause?

hey everyone, what could sensor error on the logic board cause? because on my screen i have bright colored vertical lines on the screen ONLY!

If I twist the screen (hold the upper left corner and pull the upper left corner down towards the keyboard the lines go away and I have a normal screen.

When i made AHT (Apple Hardware Test ) it gave me back this error (Error 4SNS/1/4000000: TG1H-128).

i just want to make sure which part is causing this problem so i can order that part online, i don't have any near-by apple store/retail.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 4:17 AM

8 replies

Oct 22, 2012 1:11 AM in response to barhuma

If you are stating that the problem corrects itself when you warp the screen slightly, wouldn't it be logical to think that the issue is in the screen and not the logic board safely esconced in the rigid aluminum chassis?

If the Mac has not been abused, could be something as simple as a bad cable connecting the screen to the logic board. But with the scant information provided, not much more we can conjecture. We don't have a clue as to what model Mac you're having the problem, how long you've had both the Mac and the problem, what specifics as to the hardware and software, etc.

We're good, but lack in mind reading prowess.

Oct 22, 2012 1:27 AM in response to Courcoul

I have a Macbook pro 15" late 2008, 4 GB Ram, 2.4 GHz.... i dropped it once but before 7 months from that drop the huge vertical line started to appear, it was easily disappear when i move the screen back and forth in 1 time or when the mac heat-up, now i do it many times to make it disappear and sometimes i play a movie in full screen and leave it heat-up so the screen goes back to normal. before few days i made an AHT and it gave me back this error (Error 4SNS/1/4000000: TG1H-128) i googled this problem and i found out it's a sensor error on the logic board which made me confuse more. my problem here is that i don't have an apple store in my area and i was thinking of replacing the screen now i'm confused if that was screen or logic board problem!!!

what could sensor error on the logic board cause?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.