Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWEB. Link name does not show up in heading of my web site even though link has been published ok. New problem. Fix ?

Link name does not appear in heading box of my web site although the new page was published. This is the first time this has happened. Publishing was done Oct. 19 2012 thru Godaddy. All other chsnges were published ok. What is th fix ?

iOS 6

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 12:24 PM

Are you referring to the page navigation links?

Make sure you empty the browser cache before visiting your published site. In Safari its Option+Command+E

When you ask a question like this its better to give the URL to your website.

8 replies

Oct 21, 2012 12:34 PM in response to Roddy

Roddy, YES ! Worked like a charm. THANKS BIG TIME ! Yes i was refering to the navigation links. My web site URL is blaecwulf.com. The links i was working on are the last two in th navigation list "Dick & Connie" and "Dick &Connie #2". Both links published ok except the link name "Dick & Connie #2" did not show up in the navigation list until i did what you suggested. The other thing that you are probley aware of is that each time i publish for changes the whole site is republished with takes a long time, in my case about 2 1/2 hours. Also i get a "plublishing error" at the end. Always the same two links enen though any changes i make to those links are actualy published. I have sent leters to Apple CEO T.COOK & talked to Godday reps. Got nice replys " Sorry thats life after MobileMe has passed on" Any thoughts about this?

Oct 22, 2012 10:32 AM in response to Roddy

Ref. URL blaecwulf.com. I have looked at the two navication links & can not see anyting wrong. As to the need to republih the whole site each time. Don't quite understand when you say "using the iWeb FTP, ". My website was created using Apple's iWeb & published using MobileMe. When MobileMe ended i switched to Godaddy hosting.

After publishing if i leave the computor iWeb site on & open the internet site to check for any errors i can make changes & republish only those links where changes are made. This goes quite fast. The problem happens after the comptor is shut down. When the site is reopened the side bar navigation link icons are highlighted in red & any changes small or large require republishing the whole site.

I am runnig MAC OX version 10.6.8 with Snow Leopard

iWEB. Link name does not show up in heading of my web site even though link has been published ok. New problem. Fix ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.