4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 2:51 PM by rshammaa
rshammaa Level 1 Level 1

Hi guys,

I have an iMac, a Macbook Pro and an iPhone 3G. I normally enter my new contacts in either of the 2 non-iPhone machines..

But these new contacts don't seem to make it to the other 2 devices. I had originally set it all up at the Apple store but Contacts does not seem to followthrough.

All my devices are on the latest OS available. Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot,

Raphael

iMac 21.5", Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages for iPhone/iPad
  • pvonk Level 6 Level 6

Contacts must be in the "iCloud" section of the contact list, not the "On my <fill-in-the-blank>" section.

Settings>icloud - be sure you are signed in to the one account you want to use and be sure Contacts is turned on.

• rshammaa Level 1 Level 1

Thank you pvonk.

In the side bar of my address book there is a) All Contacts, b) All on my Mac and, c) All iCloud.

When I click on any of them, the listings to the right of the side bar jerk for a second and settle - but not necessarily in the same place in the listings.

And below that, I have a bunch of Smart Groups.

What I am not clear from reading you is what to do next.

Thanks,

Raphael

• appleteam6 Level 1 Level 1

just go to settings on each device and go to icloud, make sure your signed in and check the stuff u want to sync, apps, music, mail ect, and evertime one device is near wi fi it automatically syncs

• rshammaa Level 1 Level 1

Thank you; I looked. Contacts is checked in iCloud on all 3 devices.

And yet, with all 3 devices on my desk, it is still NOT syn'cing that particular name on my Macbook Pro to the other two devices.

Same must be true to names I added to the iMac. What next?

Thank you for your time and advice.

Raphael