Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with the "Find My Friends" app

Hi guys

When I open the app on my iPhone, I can choose which device I want to use for sharing my location.

The issue is that I'm seing all of my old devices (iPad & iPhone) in that list. I don't own these devices anymore... Does anyone know how I can remove those devices from the list???

I've already tried this:

• Unregistering the old devices on my support profile ==> devices still show up :-(
  • Removing the old devices in Find My iPhone (on iCloud) ==> still no luck
  • In iTunes > Store > Manage Account > Manage devices: the devices aren't in that list

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 7:14 PM

Hello MicMatic,

I also had this problem but I found solution already.

Just launch "Find My Friends" then go to "Me" tab, tap on "Account" button on the top right corner. You'll see your old devices list in the "Active Device" section. Just swipe the old device name and the red "Delete" will show up. Tap Delete to remove the old devices.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2012 7:14 PM in response to MicMatic

Hello MicMatic,

I also had this problem but I found solution already.

Just launch "Find My Friends" then go to "Me" tab, tap on "Account" button on the top right corner. You'll see your old devices list in the "Active Device" section. Just swipe the old device name and the red "Delete" will show up. Tap Delete to remove the old devices.

May 25, 2016 4:36 AM in response to Major_Stardust

I couldn't get my old iPhone 3 off my Find My Friends list, I tried everything. However when I switched of my '2 stage authentication' in my security I was able to delete it. I think that was part of my problem as my new phone was on a higher security and my old one wasn't and the old OS did not allow the extra security required when trying to delete.

Issue with the "Find My Friends" app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.