Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted mailbox in mail.app

Hi,

i current had a problem with my mail.app, where all the mailboxes got deleted from my mail.app. When i went to the preferences>accounts it didn't appear a single account there, and before i used to have 5 diff accounts logged on my mail.app.

I just added the accounts again, and it went perfectly with my 3 gmails account, once that the main sever (gmail) kept all the emails in the inbox, and i was able to get everything back. But i am having a hard time to restore all my email from my 2 hotmails accounts. I seems that my hotmail sever was not keeping my emails in the inbox because once i logged in in the hotmail website, my inbox was clear, and all the emails were in the deleted folder. I had stuff from 3 years in my mail.app that i cant find, i was just able to recover until early october from the main sever.

I do not have a time machine up to date, so getting a back up from it is not an option. I want to believe that when the mailboxes got deleted from the mail.app it didn't delete all my emails. So i would like to know if there is anyway i can recover somehow those emails, maybe after the deletion they moved somewhere in my mac, coz i already looked in the library>mail and is not there, just the current ones are there.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 1:55 PM

If you had mail saved on my mac, you can try going to your home folder>library>mail>mailboxes>select mailbox>messages, you will find find stuff in your envelope indexes. There might be some stuff there. They will all be listed by an###. emlx so you will have to look thru them. Hope this helps a little.

1 reply

deleted mailbox in mail.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.