Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a TOC or links with bookmarks

I created a book using iba, the client only wants the book in landscape view which only leaves the thumbnails to go to certain parts of the book. Client wants a custom TOC I so I created a page and added the text or names of pages / chapters the client wants to access while clicking each piece of text. So I enable hyperlink to the first set of text and then go to the page snd I see I can link to a word on that page and this seems to work fine but only for text on a page within a section or a regualr page. I tried to do the same by linking text on the created TOC page to the title of a chapter or section and I do not get the + to show the word.

Is there a set way to do this as I would think I'm not the only person that needs to do this in an IBA created book.

any help?

RD

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac Pro 8 Core

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 3:17 PM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2012 4:37 PM in response to ralphiedee

Titles part of the default navigation scheme.

If you're going to abandon using the built-in TOC, finish the job - scrap all Titles, rely on a crafted text box and link to something in it, instead.

Be sure you test all this before releasing...not sure how users will find their way around once the stock TOC is gone.

Creating a TOC or links with bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.