Skip navigation

Creating a TOC or links with bookmarks

159 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 20, 2012 4:37 PM by K T RSS
ralphiedee Level 2 Level 2 (335 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 20, 2012 3:17 PM

I created a book using iba, the client only wants the book in landscape view which only leaves the thumbnails to go to certain parts of the book. Client wants a custom TOC I so  I created a page and added the text or names of pages / chapters the client wants to access while clicking each piece of text. So I enable hyperlink to the first set of text and then go to the page snd I see I can link to a word on that page and this seems to work fine but only for text on a page within a section or a regualr page. I tried to do the same by linking text on the created TOC page to the title of a chapter or section  and I do not get the + to show the word.

Is there a set way to do this as I would think I'm not the only person that needs to do this in an IBA created book.

any help?

RD

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac Pro 8 Core
  • K T Level 7 Level 7 (23,215 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 20, 2012 4:37 PM (in response to ralphiedee)

Titles part of the default navigation scheme.

If you're going to abandon using the built-in TOC, finish the job - scrap all Titles, rely on a crafted text box and link to something in it, instead.

Be sure you test all this before releasing...not sure how users will find their way around once the stock TOC is gone.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.