Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought Snow Leopard DVD upgrade... anybody else going to be waiting a while?

I'm hoping that the 4-6 week wait-time on my Snow Leopard DVD is just Apple trying to protect themselves and that I'll be pleasantly surprised when it arrives some time in the next 2 weeks 😍 I have a late 2009 Macbook Pro (running Mac OS X 10.5.8), have been annoyed with my inability to update my browser(s) - not that I'm pointing the finger at anyone but myself for that - and have just bought the iPhone 5. I've read a bunch of discussions here (before and after calling to order my Snow Leopard upgrade DVD) and while I'm more than willing to take the blame for having waited too long to update my OS and pay the $19.99 + shipping (a reasonably price to be sure!), I'm NOT happy that I'm being additionally penalized by having to wait until close to Christmas to be able to properly browse the internet AND use my new iPhone. #ranting

Anyways, anybody have any luck finding a copy of the DVD in-store? Or has anybody ordered the upgrade DVD through Apple, told they would be waiting 4 - 6 weeks and was pleasantly surprised with shipping turnaround? Any info. would be much appreciated... I'm in denial about having to live like this for 4-6 more weeks. (First world problem, but come on - I'M A MAC!!)

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 4:06 PM

Usually Apple is quite quick at sending out disks, I had to replace my iWork06 disks recently, and they showed up up in 4 days, (standard shipping) Unless their supply is exhausted, I would think they are just covering themselves. They are pretty good at getting stuff out in a timely fashion. All the best.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2012 4:06 PM in response to jacktown

Usually Apple is quite quick at sending out disks, I had to replace my iWork06 disks recently, and they showed up up in 4 days, (standard shipping) Unless their supply is exhausted, I would think they are just covering themselves. They are pretty good at getting stuff out in a timely fashion. All the best.

Just bought Snow Leopard DVD upgrade... anybody else going to be waiting a while?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.