Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GEARAspiWDM.sys iTunes destroyed CD/DVD connection w/ unsigned driver installation

Any idea as to the solution to the subject:

"GEARAspiWDM.sys iTunes destroyed CD/DVD connection w/ unsigned driver installation"

DVD Manufacturer points to iTunes.

PC manufacturer points to iTunes.

MS points to iTunes.

Even GEARsoft points to iTunes:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/rss/GEAR-drivers-feed.php

The only thing installed recently was the new version of iTunes...

and then my internal CD/DVD was unable to be found (divice does function but unable to be found by PC and device manager)...

All Code 52 fixes and communities point to iTunes...

“Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)”

Have not tried "Deleting the following key from the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GearAspiWDM" fix.

thanks

iPad 2, Windows 7, DVD: TSSTcorp DVDWBD SH-B123L

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 4:41 PM

2 replies

Aug 17, 2015 8:27 AM in response to reedst2002

I got the same problem. Thanks to this thread, I've fixed it, by removing this horrible piece software called iTunes; after which my both cd drives, internal and USB, resumed their normal operation.

I think that was Apple's whole intention, compromising windows functionality. The same reason they made the QuickTime so painfully slow on windows.

GEARAspiWDM.sys iTunes destroyed CD/DVD connection w/ unsigned driver installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.