Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have recently upgraded my OS X to 10.7.5, the DVD projects i created before the upgrade are now described as Microsoft Entourage Bundle and they will not open using any of the applications I have. What has happened? Is there a way to recover?

I have recently upgraded to Mountain Lion OS X 10.7.5 and have run into a problem in trying to open iDVD projects created before the upgrade. I was previously running 10.6.8 and using iDVD 6.0.4. I am aware that Apple no longer supports the iDVD application. The existing dvd projects now have the Microsoft Entourage Bundle icon associated with them. I have copies of the dvd projects burned to discs so the information is recoverable but I would really like to be able to open the existing projects so I can modify them. Does anyone have any information on how best to proceed? Thanks for any support. Aloha

chalkasian

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), IDVD 6.0.4 now deleted

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 4:19 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2012 12:38 PM in response to chalkasian

Make sure you have the Finder setup to display extensions:

User uploaded file

and make sure the iDVD project file has the correct extension: My Great DVD.dvdproj

If your files have the correct extension the select a project file and bring up its Info window by typing Command + i.

Go to the Open with menu and make sure iDVD is selected. However, you must make sure you have iDVD on your Mac. You may have lost iDVD during the upgrade to Mt. Lion so make sure it's in the Applications folder. If not then reinstall it from the disks that came with your Mac originally.

Once you have iDVD selected in the Info window click on the Apply to All button:

User uploaded file

OT

I have recently upgraded my OS X to 10.7.5, the DVD projects i created before the upgrade are now described as Microsoft Entourage Bundle and they will not open using any of the applications I have. What has happened? Is there a way to recover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.