Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

X11 breaks in OSX Lion 10.7.5?

This is more of a bug report than a question, but it needs to be confirmed first.

Description: After downloading the two 10.7.5 updates, X11 breaks completely: it will and cannot open anything. When you open a file that runs in X11, it doesn't do anything; you're lucky to get a black screen. As a result, all Wine Users on mac and probably all GIMP, etc. users may be affected (I have only tested Winebottler, not MacPorts Wine or any other applications). From constant testing, I know that X11 ran perfectly fine before the update; I have test data to prove that if needed. The issue is that now, it's broken, and I'd like to know if there are any alternatives or if there is anyone else who has encountered a problem like this.

Other variables: Java Update, Winecfg, WineBottler itself (like I said before, this wasn't tested on a self-made package of Wine)

X11 Version: XQuartz 2.6.4 (xorg-server 1.10.6)

X11-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Only .exe files were tested

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 6:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 22, 2012 3:09 PM in response to D. Rackerby

Edit: Using XQuartz 2.6.4, xorg-server 1.10.6, which came with my mac (and whose Apple project has been discontinued). This is the 'About' for the application in question.

User uploaded file

This is NOT the XQuartz that is downloaded from the XQuartz website.

Test Data: Only Winebottler 1.4.1 was tested in conjunction with X11. However, it worked fine before the Java Update and the Booster update for 10.7.5.

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 13 inch Macbook Pro

That's the computer I'm using.

X11 breaks in OSX Lion 10.7.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.