Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos will no longer import from memory card to iPhoto, but show up in Finder under Devices.

I have been successfully importing photos to iphoto from my camera's memory card with no problem. All of a sudden, iphoto does not respond when I plug in my memory card. The photos DO show up in Finder under Devices, but not in iphoto. Iphoto does not seem to recognize the device. I have successfully imported photos from this same memory card (without deleting those photos from the memory card), but the new photos I took on the same card will not import. (I checked another memory card, just to be sure it was not the memory card itself, with the same result.) Thank you!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 12:04 AM

As a Test:

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Create Library'

Import a few pics into this new, blank library. Is the Problem repeated there?

6 replies

Oct 21, 2012 2:57 PM in response to Yer_Man

Well, the solution turned out to be simple...and was what I should have done in the first place! I rebooted... When I attempted to shut down, I had to force close itunes. I believe itunes was "hung up" related to my prior interrupted sync with my ipad. At any rate, this solved the issue (as well as a little glitch with my EyeTV). Thank you Terence Devlin for your suggestions!

Photos will no longer import from memory card to iPhoto, but show up in Finder under Devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.