Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

create a drop down menu iOS

Hi. I have been searching the internet on steps to creating a drop down menu for an iPad/iPhone app I am working for. I want to have a drop down menu when the user clicks on a button on the title or navigation bar which will contain buttons that will allow them to navigate to other viewcontrollers. Has any one been successful in developing a drop down menu and if so how did you do it? My internet search as not been successful. Some good examples are such as the facebook app or the maps app on iOS 6 that has three buttons on the bottom when you want to view the driving instructions for traveling from starting point to destination point.

Thank you for your help in advance.

iPad, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 10:00 AM

Read about appropriate use of bars, buttons, and action sheets in the iOS Human Interface Guidelines. You might need an action sheet (UIActionSheet).

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/userexperience/conceptual/ mobilehig/UIElementGuidelines/UIElementGuidelines.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP400 06556-CH13-SW10

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2012 10:00 AM in response to Charles1977

Read about appropriate use of bars, buttons, and action sheets in the iOS Human Interface Guidelines. You might need an action sheet (UIActionSheet).

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/userexperience/conceptual/ mobilehig/UIElementGuidelines/UIElementGuidelines.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP400 06556-CH13-SW10

create a drop down menu iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.