Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i add videos to ipod nano 7th generation? what are the compatible formats?

how can i add videos to ipod nano 7th generation? what are the compatible formats?

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 12:57 PM

You can configure movies/videos to sync to the Nano via its Movies configuration tab/pane in iTunes. See the appropriate section in this article for more information.

iTunes: Syncing media content to iPod

And regarding compatible formats...

From this page: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_nano

• H.264 video: 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Baseline, Main, and High-Profile level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

B-rock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2012 12:57 PM in response to d16amit

You can configure movies/videos to sync to the Nano via its Movies configuration tab/pane in iTunes. See the appropriate section in this article for more information.

iTunes: Syncing media content to iPod

And regarding compatible formats...

From this page: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_nano

• H.264 video: 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Baseline, Main, and High-Profile level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 720 by 576 pixels, 30 frames per second; Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 256 Kbps; 48kHz; stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

B-rock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.