Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 was showing a grey screen . I tried to reset it now the screen is black.

My iPad 2 was showing a grey screen . I tried to reset it but now the screen is black.

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 2:44 AM

9 replies

Nov 17, 2012 6:34 AM in response to Diavonex

Hello, I've same problem and seems it's manufacturing defect in iPad 2.. I bought my iPad Oct 27th 2011 and faced this problem Oct 25th 2012.. Tried several times to restart my device even visited APPLE store in Egypt (iSpot) to get their support but they restored my device and problem disappeared for a while but came back on 1st of November (2 wweks out of warranty)..I believe that screen should be replaced..So as a reputable company Apple should help their customers and replace these infected screens immediately.

Dec 3, 2012 7:17 PM in response to MGamal79

I have the same problem....I purchased my iPad in sept 11 and in July 2012 it had a processing issue and apple replaced my iPad with a 90 day warranty... My iPad screen would turn a blue grey and the black and the only way to get it back up was to hold the home and sleep wake button together and the a few days ago it wouldn't respond to that. I took it to my local Temecula, Ca apple store and my technician left me sitting there for an hour and went to lunch... I finally got a new technician for him to tell me it's a hardware issue and I could replace it for 249.00 with another 90 day warranty... I said no thanks!

May 2, 2016 5:04 PM in response to Charisse808

This has happened to me three times. I can't prove it, but I think it's related to using the iPad when it's plugged in. Each time it happens it's more difficult to recover. The first time I just had to reset (home/power). The second and third time I had to reset multiple times. This last time I had to leave it alone until the battery dropped below 80%, then it cured itself.

My iPad 2 was showing a grey screen . I tried to reset it now the screen is black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.