Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've purchased an album through the itunes store and every track plays except one which continually asks me to authorise my computer. I've tried all the steps suggested above but still no joy. Anyone have any ideas what i can do next? Thanks Paul

I've purchased an album through the itunes store and every track plays except one which continually asks me to authorise my computer. I've tried all the steps suggested above but still no joy. Anyone have any ideas what i can do next? Thanks Paul

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 7

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 1:28 AM

2 replies

Oct 25, 2012 12:18 AM in response to flamingmagpie

Sounds like you have a "damaged track" or "damaged file".

This worked for me today downloading Kendrick Lamar's new Album "good kid, m.A.A.d city".

My situation: I bought the album today for my Mac, MacBook Pro, iPad 2, and iPhone 4S devices.

Issue: One song (only on my MacBook Pro) would not play, instead display "

User uploaded fileEX: left"

Solution: 1. Manually delete the song (giving you the error) permantly from the authorized computer.

User uploaded file

2. Open iTunes, Click iTunes Store (left sidebar), and locate Quick Links and then click Purchased to proceed.

User uploaded file

3. Click "Not On This Computer", find the song that wouldn't play, and re-download it again.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

4. Check your Music Library for your song (Should download inside the associated album) and hit play.

EX: (Song I purchased that wouldn't play because of authorization, playing)

User uploaded file

Enjoy! 😉

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.