Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How should i share file with other devices such as nokia,blackberry and etc using bluetooth

I want to share files between other deivce such as nokia but couldnt, could u help me tell how can i share files with other devices???

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 2:26 AM

11 replies

Mar 30, 2015 8:13 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes, is that a problem?

I am not a apple fanboy user since then. I am new, so the problem I have and the question I have is relevant. Since I have been searching for this exact problem, there isn't any solutions so far and I have just started to post after just getting my first iphone (6) and see if there happens to be any positive responses. So, please, don't be arrogant, be helpful.

Or is this what I should expect more of from apple and apple user forums?

Mar 30, 2015 8:06 AM in response to Scary Barry

That's fine but it remains the case that file transfer via bluetooth is pretty much ruled out on iPhones. There are some apps which do support it, but only within that app, which must be installed and running on both of the devices involved. Photosync is an example - not sure if this works across different makes of phone. Main reason I think is to stop illegal sharing of copyrighted material. There are better ways of sharing larger files - which don't require major battery drain or the two devices to be in close proximity to each other for who knows how long.

Mar 30, 2015 8:16 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Exactly the point. 2 1/2 yrs is along time for apple to sort that out.

So, NO, it is a still relevant topic.

You could be more polite and be helpful and describe something or point me to something. NOT just a "go start your own" thread rubbish.

And besides, I would probably find you saying the same thing there as well.

Peace, logic and friendliness.

SB

Mar 30, 2015 8:20 AM in response to AKRBTN

@AKRBTN: Thanks for the reply and info.

That is a solution, but it really isn't viable.

It is sad that apple refuses to support this.

A simple example: Sitting somewhere with no signal and you want to share a file (photo) with your colleague or friend, who happens to be right next to you.

Or even if there is signal and you don't want to be paying fees or data charges.

Or you may be in a rehearsal studio and need to share that very important file and have no time to go outside and get signal and try to send the file, which then everyone else has to go outside and catch the signal and pay fees.

Anyway, I see that this is a dead end with apple, so I guess I will be back to carrying 2 phones around again.

Peace,

SB

How should i share file with other devices such as nokia,blackberry and etc using bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.