Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts app crashing, acting buggy.

I have an iPhone 4, running iOS 6.

Recently, my Podcast app has been acting strangely. Some podcasts play fine. Some (which played fine until recently) suddenly stop, and when I check my phone, I see it's returned to the episodes page, so I have to select the episode, and I find it's lost its place and I have to scrub through the episode to find my place. And with some podcasts the whole app crashes, and I have to restart the app. It's really getting on my nerves. Today, an episode (Slate's Lexicon Valley) crashed the app about every minute, over and over. I finally gave up listening to it.

On top of that, ever since upgrading to iOS 6, when I try to use voice control to place a phone call while listening to a podcast, I can hear the podcast still playing quietly in the background during the phone call, instead of pausing like it used to. And just now, my phone refuses to start synching when I connect it to iTunes. No idea if that's related.

I really prefered just listening to podcasts on the Music app, and it's really annoying that Apple has forced us to switch permanently to the Podcast app if we install it. Even if there is a fix for the Podcast app, does anyone know a way to revert back to having podcasts on the Music app? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 3:59 AM

2 replies

Podcasts app crashing, acting buggy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.