Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad was stolen. How can I reset it?

Hey. So the other day I was to find that someone had taken my iPad. Upset and frustrated, I contacted the police and a report has been filed. Although I might not ever get my dear iPad back, I really wouldn't want anyone to see the things I have on there. Is there any way I can reset the iPad and delete all its content without actually physically interact with the iPad? Really would appreciate an answer ASAP!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 5:11 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2012 5:15 AM in response to avural

Unless you enabled Find My iPad on it before it was stolen then there isn't any way to locate or remotely wipe it. If you did enable it then you could try locating it either via http://icloud.com on a computer or Find My iPhone on another device - but that will only work if it's connected to a network and the device hasn't already been wiped and/or Find My iPhone disabled on it.

You should also change your iTunes account password, your email account passwords, and any passwords that you had stored on websites/emails/notes etc.

My iPad was stolen. How can I reset it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.