Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing with iPhoto and back to iPhone

I often take photos on my iPhone that I collect into Events on my MacBook Air in iPhoto. When I sync those Events back to the iPhone, are the photos duplicated...or does iOS recognize that the images are already on the iPhone and collects them into the Event in Photos? I'm afraid that I'm duplicating photos on my phone. But this is the only way I can tell to get Faces data onto the phone after I add it in iPhoto.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 1:22 PM

the phone will not see that the photos already exist on it. it will essentially just add the pictures you're syncing as a folder to your phone, and not merge them with the photos that exist in your camera roll. the best way to remedy this is when you import photos to iphoto, choose the option to then delete them from your phone. that way when you sync them from iphoto to the phone, they will only be in the folder that's created during the sync instead of both there and in the camera roll

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2012 1:22 PM in response to Sean Mcclafferty

the phone will not see that the photos already exist on it. it will essentially just add the pictures you're syncing as a folder to your phone, and not merge them with the photos that exist in your camera roll. the best way to remedy this is when you import photos to iphoto, choose the option to then delete them from your phone. that way when you sync them from iphoto to the phone, they will only be in the folder that's created during the sync instead of both there and in the camera roll

Syncing with iPhoto and back to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.