Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s camera settings

Iphone 4s boasts to take pictures of 8 mega pixels. Is this same as 8 MB on computer when you download the images. When downloading, the maximum size of the image I downloaded from iphone was 2.56 MB which is too small to make better prints. Is there any setting that needs to be changed in Iphone. Please help.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 12:59 PM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2012 1:10 PM in response to Rickypau

lol. 8 mega pixels doesnt translate to a file size of 8 mega bytes. But I understand how you could get confused.

There are many variables that affect the size of a photo, including mega pixels, photo format, and other stuff. Please explain what you mean when you say that the file size was too small to make better prints. Did you want to print the photo? In which case 8 mega pixels on the iphone is more than enough (there is no setting that I know of to change the image quality on the iphone). If you are not happy with the image quality, there is not much more you can do other than improving your photo subject. The lens of a camera is as important as the mega pixels (in my opinion) and there is no comparing the lens on a phone to the lens on a camera designed to take photos.

Reply back and we will learn more. In the meantime you might want to investigate camera app alternatives, like 'camera +' for example, or many others.

Vic

iphone 4s camera settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.