Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot renew code signing certificate - maybe bug with german Umlaut?

Hello!

Since one month I expierence a message that I should renew my code signing certificate and today I thought it is time to stop this message.

Because I could not find anything about renewing the certificate in Mountain Lion I used the KB-article that discribes the process for Lion.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5358

after that I get this in at my terminal:

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin --recreate-CA-signed-certificate 'myserver.domain.de Signierungszertifikate für Code' 'IntermediateCA_MYSERVER.DOMAIN.DE_1' 7D3E2458

when I press return I get this:

/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/certadmin Cannot find the certificate: myserver.domain.de Signierungszertifikate für Code

I checked it again and again - I cannot find any typo or something like that - so maybe Mountain Lion wants to renew the certificate in a different way or certadmin cannot cope with german "Umlaute" - "für" - in english for - but I did not gave this name it was given by the system when I setup the server one year ago.

Every hint is welcome, bye

Christoph

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 1:19 PM

5 replies

Oct 21, 2012 1:41 PM in response to WALTER-MILANO-ITALY

Hello Walter!

Well AFAIK the Commen Name is just a name and no translation but I gave it a try and got the same error.

So I replaced "Signierungszertifikate für Code" with "Code Signing Certificate" and got the same error.

But another user who seams to be a native french speaker has the same problem.

Thanks for your idea,bye

Christoph

Cannot renew code signing certificate - maybe bug with german Umlaut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.