Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote: Mirroring turned off, but Presenter view not showing up on MBA

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere--my searches haven't been fruitful.

Scenario:

• Keynote presentation on my MBA, connected to an Epson projector (client's)

• Keynote > Preferences > Slideshow > Present on Primary Display selected

• System Prefs > Displays > Mirroring OFF

Problem:

For some reason, the presentation is still mirroring---the Presenter view doesn't appear on the Air.

The crazy thing is that I present this particular Keynote session fairly often; in the past, when a client's projector triggered mirroring, I'd simply de-select mirroring in Display Pref's. Fixed.

I used this presentation in Salt Lake City a couple of weeks ago. Worked like normal, with the Presenter view on my Air.

I plugged it in today at a different event, and :::bam::: the Presenter view refused to pop up. No settings changes. Only difference is the client's projector.

Any ideas about what's happening, and how to fix it? This particular presentation I can do in my sleep (don't need notes), but really need that timer...and will need notes the next time I present totally new content.

Thanks in advance for your shared wisdom.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011)

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 3:19 PM

7 replies

Oct 22, 2012 12:53 PM in response to Gary Scotland

I didn't shut down Keynote while in System Prefs > Displays (not sure why that would make a difference...?).

With Keynote running in the background, the two displays appeared the same size, layered on top of one another, as if Mirroring was selected (it wasn't). I thought it odd that their icons were identical, since I'm accustomed to seeing the image you posted above---one display being the primary, one being the secondary.

Oct 23, 2012 5:41 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Gary, to "move the top most display to the right hand side," do I simply drag and drop? My impression was that drag and drop didn't work in System Pref panels. Admittedly, haven't tried it...but only because it didn't appear to be an option.

My nerves are a bit on edge, since the next client projector connection is less than 48 hours away (out of state, so there's no way to test this until I get to the conference location an hour or so before the event begins).

Keynote: Mirroring turned off, but Presenter view not showing up on MBA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.