- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iPod fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
- If still not successful that indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
Thanks...i successfully turned it off....now i go to turn it on & all i can see on the screen is the itunes logo & with an arrow underneath it & underneath that has the picture of my usb connnection. I pluged it into my computer & it says..ITUNES HAS DETECTED AN IPOD IN RECOVERY MODE. YOU MUST RESTORE THIS IPOD BEFORE IT CAN BE USED WITH ITUNES.So i follow the prompts to restore my ipod & i get a error message saying..THE IPOD COULD NOT BE RESTORED, AN UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURRED (1603)....seriously driving me crazy now....
This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, using a different dock connector to USB cable, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections. If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the white Apple USB dock connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.
If the issue is not resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting, and another computer is not available, try these steps to resolve the issue:
- Connect the device to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode,put it into Recovery Mode.
- Restore and wait for the error.
- When prompted, click OK.
- Close and reopen iTunes while the device remains connected.
- The device should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
- Try to restore again.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.
Follow the steps listed above for Error 1604. Also, discard the .ipsw file, open iTunes and attempt to download the update again. See the steps under Advanced Steps > Rename, move, or delete the iOS software file (.ipsw) below for file locations.If you do not want to remove the IPSW in the original user, try restoring in a new administrator user. If the issue remains, Eliminate third-party security software conflicts.