Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth mouse for iPad

Is there a bluetooth mouse that can work with an iPad?

I know, everyone would think why buy an iPad if you want to use a mouse? The reason, in this case, is that will allow ALS patients to use the iPad more conveniently. Some ALS patients that have lost most strength in their arms and hands are unable to use the on screen keyboard with their fingers but can navigate around an on-screen keyboard using a mouse. If there is a mouse that can sync and work with an iPad, it will allow such patients to use the iPad, which is a lot more convenient than a laptop.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 4:22 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2012 10:07 PM in response to Deenster

Deenster,

You made a good point. I read your post today and realized that my mother who is in her late 60s can't use the iPad effectively without a mouse either. I looked all over the web and found out that there really is no offical mouse other than bootleg/jailbreak app shown on youtube that most of us don't really know how to use. I suggest solution is to use a Stylus.

You can use a stylus, and they have plenty of cheap ones that you can buy on Ebay for less than $10. I tried to show my mother how to use the iPad for the past two days and she does not get it. But after introducing her to an erasor tipped Stylus (today), everything got easier and more fun than before. She is now drawing pictures, sending emails, watching youtube/soap operas like never before. Learning curve? 20 minutes to be effective with a stylus.

You just need to be patient and walk that person through. It'll be worth your while 🙂

Note: If you're paying more than $20 for a Stylus then you're paying too much. (Yes there is such a thing a Stylus on the iPad).

Bluetooth mouse for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.