Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I cannot find the "enable disk use" from my iPo d touch 5G 32GB?

After reading the thread of "using your ipod as a storage drive" (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1478), I still cannot see the option of "enable disk use". Is the 5G not support any more harddisk use? or any secret steps I've missed?

Thanks if some one can help!

iPod touch, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 7:32 PM

Because this is not a feature of the ipod touch. No ipod touches support disk mode at all. the ipod touch is not a storage device. It simply mirrors the selected content of your computer.

From the link you provided:

"

Products Affected

iPod, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iTunes 7 for Mac, iTunes 7 for Windows, iTunes 8 for Mac, iTunes 8 for Windows"

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2012 7:32 PM in response to Community User

Because this is not a feature of the ipod touch. No ipod touches support disk mode at all. the ipod touch is not a storage device. It simply mirrors the selected content of your computer.

From the link you provided:

"

Products Affected

iPod, iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iTunes 7 for Mac, iTunes 7 for Windows, iTunes 8 for Mac, iTunes 8 for Windows"

Oct 21, 2012 7:59 PM in response to Community User

thanks you all guys, I've missed the note...........

Quite disappointed before knowing this and bought this device, I thought it has the same function as my iPod 5G; so how can i transfer my notes or .txt files from mac to touch?

Thanks again!

Oct 22, 2012 2:09 AM in response to Community User

One way to put notes from a desktop to the iPod Touch is via an App. Evernote allows you to save notes to the internet and the Evernote App will allow you to use those notes on the iPod. Alternatively, Awesome Note (from the developer BRID) is really good.

In fact, I create notes in Awesome Note and back them up to Evernote. I also create notes in Evernote, which I can then import into Awesome Note.

Evernote is free, Awesome Note has a "Lite" version (which allows you to create 10 notes). There are lots of alternative note applications available, but I mention these two as I personally use them.

I do not receive any reward, financial or otherwise, from either Evernote or Awesome Note (BRID).

Why I cannot find the "enable disk use" from my iPo d touch 5G 32GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.