Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive iPod Touch 3g after it was stolen and jailbroken.

My son's iPod Touch 3g was stolen and the police found it at a pawn shop. We now have it back (after we had to pay $50 to the pawn shop...grr!), but it was jailbroken. It worked ok for a while, but now won't respond to anything I've tried. I have left it to charge for days at a time, but it still shows the low battery icon. I tried connecting it to iTunes, but iTunes won't recognize the device. I have tried resetting it numerous times. The display flashes between the jailbroken skull icon and the Apple icon. Any ideas on what to do?

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 8:40 PM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2012 5:24 AM in response to nvglos

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iPod fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- If still not successful that indicates a hardware problem

Unresponsive iPod Touch 3g after it was stolen and jailbroken.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.