Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use one iPad in different countries?

As the question https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3899506?answerId=18211193022#18211193022&searchText=Can%20I%20use%20one%20 iPad%20in%20different%20countries?#18211193

I have the same issue.

As we know, China and Europe use the different frequency band for wifi 5GHz. I bought the iPad in China, could I use my iPad in Europe?

iPad

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 12:24 AM

For straight Wi-Fi there is no problem - you just have to change your location and time zone so your apps know where you are - and if passwords are involved, you might have change the language setup - and different countries might have different channel ranges but they overlap with the capabilities of the ipad - and there may be some legalities with the frequencies involved but I have never of an iPad police so I wouldn't worry about it - people just use there iPads where they have to.

However, iPads with cellular access are another story - their use would depend on their carrier and the availability and compatibility of the carriers in the destination country - and if service is available it could be very expensive

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2012 12:24 AM in response to Adolf.Peter

For straight Wi-Fi there is no problem - you just have to change your location and time zone so your apps know where you are - and if passwords are involved, you might have change the language setup - and different countries might have different channel ranges but they overlap with the capabilities of the ipad - and there may be some legalities with the frequencies involved but I have never of an iPad police so I wouldn't worry about it - people just use there iPads where they have to.

However, iPads with cellular access are another story - their use would depend on their carrier and the availability and compatibility of the carriers in the destination country - and if service is available it could be very expensive

Can I use one iPad in different countries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.