Skip navigation

Can I use one iPad in different countries?

124 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 6:45 AM by CRMDVM RSS
Adolf.Peter Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 21, 2012 11:33 PM

As the question https://discussions.apple.com/message/18211193?searchText=Can%20I%20use%20one%20 iPad%20in%20different%20countries?#18211193

I have the same issue.

As we know, China and Europe use the different frequency band for wifi 5GHz. I bought the iPad in China, could I use my iPad in Europe?

iPad
  • CRMDVM Level 4 Level 4 (1,360 points)
    Oct 22, 2012 12:24 AM (in response to Adolf.Peter)

For straight Wi-Fi there is no problem - you just have to change your location and time zone so your apps know where you are - and if passwords are involved, you might have change the language setup - and different countries might have different channel ranges but they overlap with the capabilities of the ipad - and there may be some legalities with the frequencies involved but I have never of an iPad police so I wouldn't worry about it - people just use there iPads where they have to.

However, iPads with cellular access are another story - their use would depend on their carrier and the availability and compatibility of the carriers in the destination country - and if service is available it could be very expensive

• CRMDVM Level 4 Level 4 (1,360 points)
    Oct 22, 2012 6:45 AM (in response to Adolf.Peter)

I am not sure if it is exactly the same in every country but they are compatible and it works.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.