Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pen drive not able to recognize "only" on my macbook pro osx 10.7.3

Hi Everyone,

I feel as i feel i have an unique problem and cant quite understand why. I have an early 2011 macbook pro 2.3 ghz i5 processor. I have recently bought an HP v-250 W 16GB pen drive. Its formated in FAT32 and works on every other PC and MAC except for mine. My compute is unable to recongnize it and it doesnt show up in Disk Utility either. Im not sure why this is the case. Can it be because of the software version at 10.7.3. Your feedback will be most helpful. thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 12:29 AM

7 replies

Oct 22, 2012 1:40 AM in response to ddam81

Thank you for the suggestion!

Unfortunately ive tried that multiple times already. It is definitely formatted in FAT32. What is starnge though is that is working on every other PC/Mac that ive tried here at my office. It is detected and working on all of them except mine. Ive tried restarting my macbook as well. it still didnt help.

Oct 22, 2012 2:07 AM in response to -=Matt=-

Hi Matt

Thanks for the suggestion. I tired looking it up in Disk Utility and it isnt showing up. Now im really confused since ive tried attaching other pen drives and external hard drives to the laptop. All of them are working fine. There only seems to be a rpoblem with this particular pen drive im trying to connect. Its brand new, but then again, this same pen drive is working on every other device ive tried. So im not sure where the problem lies.

Oct 22, 2012 2:16 AM in response to punweet

That is quite strange, I did have a similar issue with Western Digital 1.5TB External HDD a while ago. It worked on other computers just fine but not on my Mac, one day it just stopped working all together.

I am not saying that its an issue with the pen drive though. Could be either or.

The only thing that I can think of trying is to start up in Safe Mode and see if it works. If not then you can at least rule out any applications causing problems.

Let me know how you go. I will have a bit of a look in to this for you as well... I'm curious... And a little confused myself 😕

Oct 22, 2012 3:58 AM in response to -=Matt=-

Ill definitely try starting it up in safe mode later today and see how that goes. i will keep you posted on that.

Otherwise im just as confused as you are. Ive gone through the earlier suggestions mentioned above multiple times and we can safely rule those out.

Its not a very big deal but i really would like to know what the problem is. i appreciate you looking into it.

Thank You

Punweet

Pen drive not able to recognize "only" on my macbook pro osx 10.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.