Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Software Update under the Apple icon always returns "not connected to update server"

Why does Software Update under the Apple icon always returns "not connected to update server"?

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 3:46 AM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2012 1:24 PM in response to rockpit

rockpit, Sorry for the delay, had to go and do some bill paying. Cool, I'm glad you go to site for updates, always the best way. Does it update if you go to system preferences and click software up date?

tought you might be in a bind, so I gave you a way to update. The following may be of some help for you, hope it is.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1148

All the best

Oct 22, 2012 2:11 PM in response to sanjampet

Unfortunately, whether via the link under the Apple icon or within System Preferences, the result is the same. I.e. "Software Update can't connect to the update server." despite being connected to the internet.

Downloading updates from the Apple Download site is not the problem. What I want to have access is the interactive analysis of my system that Software Update... link provides so that I know which updates I need. Is there a way to get that via the Apple Support web site?

Oct 22, 2012 3:21 PM in response to rockpit

rockpit, I understand your issue in that you want to know what needs to be updated, unfortunately I don't find anything addressing your issue in the knowledge base. It sounds as though there is a firmware issue, or something else going on here. If you still are covered by Applecare/warranty, call Apple support, sorry I could not help you. All the best

Why does Software Update under the Apple icon always returns "not connected to update server"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.