Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date filtering in Numbers

I am using the checking template in Numbers. It seemed a good way to organise my expenses when travelling.

I wish to filter the data between certain dates (for example, every month.)

The program will not filter my entered dates in any type of selection. If I select a single date the program simply shows the header.

If I wish to select between two dates the program simply beeps after entering the first date.

I tried adding an extra column and re-entered dates with no success. I also tried different date formats.

I have read the manual and as far as I can see I am doing things correctly.

The other columns will filter OK.

Any ideas, please?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 8:14 AM

4 replies

Oct 22, 2012 9:12 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Ian,

To post a screen shot ise the key combination <COMMAND> + <SHIFT> + 3, then click the top left corner of the area to capture, hold the mouse button, then drag to the bottom right corner, then release. The screen shot will appear on the desktop as a file with then name "Screen Shot....", in this forum click the camera icon in the toolbar, then navigate to the file on your desktop.

I think you should use the reorganize panel to filter by date as:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Date filtering in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.