Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messeges stuck in OUTBOX

No matter which I account I send from, messages are stuck in my outbox without sending for long periods of time. Then will blast out.

For example. I send a message(s). It puts it in outbox but nothing happens. Then a half hour later, they all go and I notice sometimes it shows me the MAIL ACTIVITY progress as zero KB/s, or little KB/s. But the mail activity doesnt even show up for a while after sending.

I am connected to internet and account passwords are all fine.

If I send an email from my phone, it successfully sends and I recieve in my inbox. The files in OUTBOX are still there with no activity.

This mail program has been buggy. Sometimes when i click the icon for reply to all, nothing happens, and then i have to choose from the top menu.

Any thoughts?

Brent

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 9:46 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2012 2:14 AM in response to brentfrombethel

I had this issue for a couple of days. I confess I dont really know anything "techie". But I right clicked "get account info" and noticed that the wee thing was whirring round endlessly and a message something about trash (told you I wasn't techie).

Anyway I then emptied ALL my trash (deleted the deleted messages!) and whhosh - everything stuck in my outbox went!

Messeges stuck in OUTBOX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.