Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does the A1429 model support gsm and cdma? and when i want to buy it from canada do i have to choose models or is it just one model?

hi i want to get an iphone 5 from canda and i want to know if the A1429 model supports gsm and cdma, also if i want to get it, is there an option for choosing A1429 or the other type?

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 11:58 AM

15 replies

Oct 22, 2012 12:36 PM in response to KiltedTim

let me tell you my story,

i live in iran and i want to tell my friend to get me an iphone 5 from canada.

and few months ago i bought a sim card that didnt work on few phones like my htc cha cha and an old samsung model, and i called the service and said the sim supports cdma only,

i just want to know if i get the unlocked from canda will i have JUST PHONE CALLS, lte is not supported in my country i just want it for the phone, what should i do?

Oct 22, 2012 1:01 PM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote:

It is illegal to export the iPhone to Iran or to sell or give an iPhone to anyone with the intent of taking it to Iran.

I'm sorry. But we can't help you.

Does the US still have a list of prohibited territories where the export etc of technology

is forbidden and is in fact a Federal Offence ,Including any assistance in such activities

Oct 22, 2012 1:08 PM in response to wegras

Yes. Apple aknowledges this in this document: http://www.apple.com/legal/export.html

PROHIBITED DESTINATIONS
The U.S. holds complete embargoes against Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria

The exportation, reexportation, sale or supply, directly or indirectly, from the United States, or by a U.S. person wherever located, of any Apple goods, software, technology (including technical data), or services to any of these countries is strictly prohibited without prior authorization by the U.S. Government. This prohibition also applies to any Apple owned subsidiary or any subsidiary employee worldwide.

For assistance with the US Export Administration Regulations or for help determining your export compliance obligations (including licensing requirements), visit the US Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security’s web page at http://www.bis.doc.gov/.

Oct 22, 2012 2:14 PM in response to mikegoldnj

The exportation, reexportation, sale or supply, directly or indirectly, from the United States, or by a U.S. person wherever located, of any Apple goods, software, technology (including technical data), or services to any of these countries is strictly prohibited without prior authorization by the U.S. Government. This prohibition also applies to any Apple owned subsidiary or any subsidiary employee worldwide.

That includes Canada and every other Apple subsidiary worldwide

Mar 6, 2015 6:21 AM in response to andy427

andy427 wrote:

what is wrong with you?

that's just a poor guy who wanted an iphone!

if you don't know the answer to his question, you can at least not break his heart and talk about irrelevant things!

Why are you resurrecting dormant threads? This one has seen no activity in over two years. Additionally, everything Tim said was correct and relevant.

does the A1429 model support gsm and cdma? and when i want to buy it from canada do i have to choose models or is it just one model?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.