Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I migrate info on an Imac OSX10.4.11 to new macbook pro?

how can I migrate info on an imac isx10.4.11 to a new macbook pro?

iMac (20-inch Early 2006), Mac OS X (10.4.11), want to migrate info to new macbook

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 12:44 PM

4 replies

Oct 22, 2012 12:52 PM in response to mtrouse

You can use Migration Assistant but will need to connect the two Macs with a FireWire cable. Purchase an appropriate adapter first.

Migration from Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger to OS X Lion

Migration from Mac OS X v10.4 computers to OS X Lion over your Wi-Fi or a wired network is not supported. However, if both Macs are equipped with a FireWire port, you can use Target Disk Mode to transfer your data:

1. Verify that both Macs are equipped with a FireWire port. Note that different model Macs may have different FireWire connectors, which will require an appropriate cable, such as FireWire 400 to FireWire 800.
  2. On the Mac you want to transfer data from, Restart, and immediately hold the T key.
  3. Wait for the FireWire logo to appear on the screen. If it does not, restart and try again.
  4. Connect both Macs via the FireWire cable.
  5. On the Mac you want to transfer data to, Open the Migration Assistant application.
  6. Select the option "From another Mac, PC, Time Machine backup, or other disk" and click Continue.
  7. Select the option "From a Time Machine backup or other disk" and click Continue.
  8. Select your other Mac's volume, such as "Macintosh HD", from the list, and click Continue

Although the above information specifies Lion, it is applicable to your MBP running Mountain Lion.

How can I migrate info on an Imac OSX10.4.11 to new macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.