Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will an iPhone 5 case fit the iPod 5G

Will this case http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15464336 fit the iPod 5G? I noticed the dimension sizes between the iPhone and iPod are quite minimal and was wondering if this would at least stay on the iPod or would it just fall off?

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 1:08 PM

9 replies

May 30, 2013 8:19 AM in response to lllaass

Yes a iPod touch 5 will fit inside a iphone 5 case cause the dimensions are the same except the depth. To make it fit well fold a piece of paper or two to put inside the case. U could also use cardboard as well. I had a iPod touch 4 and did the same thing to make it fit a iPhone 4S case. It worked fine and people thought I had a iPhone 4S!!! Try and let me know how it fits.

Mar 29, 2014 10:05 AM in response to ZLP23

I know this is extremely late but the link to this was the first thing that came up on google! So this is for everyone, not just u! It also works if u have a black iPod Touch 5 because the camera doesn't stand out that well! U can also use an iPhone 5s case to do this as well! My method on how I solved this was I put an expired gift card or two in and it fits just fine! NOTE: To fool other people, u have to MAKE SURE THAT THE CASE HAS THE ROUND VOLUME BUTTON COVERING (JUST FOR THE TRICK TO WORK BETTER), AND, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART TO FOOL PEOPLE SO PAY ATTENTION: U HAVE TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CASE COVERS THE TOP SO THAT THE IPOD IS NOT REVEALING AND THE BOTTOM AS WELL (ACCEPT FOR THE MICROPHONES, CHARGER CONNECTOR AND HEADPHONE JACK)

Mar 29, 2014 1:32 PM in response to JEM24

I already knew that, that was just explained in detailed so that people can have the best experience fitting the iPod Touch 5 in an iPhone 5 case without having people giving a second look. FYI that advice was mostly for people who know how unbelievably amazing Apple is and their products, but got an itouch because they can't afford data plans and want to make their itouch blend in with the other iPhones the best as possible (mainly for people who need the most detail on how to make their itouch blend in with iPhones the best as possible and for people who haven't figured it out yet and the very first place they went was here).

Will an iPhone 5 case fit the iPod 5G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.