Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4s doesnt play sound/music while playing songs on the music player and in the apps. but for incoming calls, it plays the sound. anyone had this problem so far ? please help.

hello

my iphone 4s doesnt play sound on the apps and in music player

however the sound works well when i get incoming calls.

when i open settings and try to set a different incoming call tune, i could still hear the sound.

and when i try to increase the volume using the volume button, it just shows " Ringer " and the volume slider stays at zero .

please help me fix it

thanks in advance

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iOS 5 updated to iOS 6

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 2:19 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2014 11:40 AM in response to talybont

I had this problem too with my newly bought iPhone 4s.I went to a technician shop to ask what the problem is and they said they could fix it however they would charge £35 and I believed this was too much. I was playing around with my iPhone to see if I could fix this problem I went on setting the clicked on the music section at the music section there is the button called sound check which was off so I decided to turn it on . After I turned it on my sound came back I was ecstatic I saved myself £35 and having to return the phone.

my iphone 4s doesnt play sound/music while playing songs on the music player and in the apps. but for incoming calls, it plays the sound. anyone had this problem so far ? please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.