Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing some albums/images and my library file cannot be found (aperture opens with no issues though)

I'm missing some files from my newly upgraded 3.4.1 library. These master images cannot be found on any of my drives either.

Interestingly, my library opens fine, but I can't find the actual library file ("Aperture 3 trial library.aplibrary") anywhere!

I've searched using spotlight for just .aplibrary on my driver, and even my trash can, and nothing.

My masters (AFAIK) are stored on en external driver.

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 2:42 PM

10 replies

Oct 25, 2012 2:35 AM in response to emereyd

it should be stored in my 'Library' folder.

Do you mean your user library? Is the problem, that you cannot find the user library in the Finder or that your Aperture Library is not visible inside this folder?

In the recent MacOS versions Lion/Mt. Lion the User Library is hidden by default - you do not see it in the Finder.

You can reveal it from the Finder's "Go" menu in the main menu bar:

• Finder > Go
  • Then hold down to options-key ⌥, until Library appears in the drop-down menu. Select it and open the Library.

Regards

Léonie

Oct 26, 2012 5:10 PM in response to emereyd

Ok, With LeonieDF's recommendation I have now managed to find the library file in question.

However I am still stuck with the first part of my original problem. I'm still missing t least 2 known projects.

I cannot find around 1000 images. These images are from over 12 months ago, and from when I used aperture on a trial basis.

I've seen a couple of posts where they recommend to rebuild/fix the library database. Shall I make a backup/copy of my library file and go ahead with this?

Oct 30, 2012 1:00 PM in response to emereyd

Ok, have repaired database of my library, and I'm still missing these images/albums.

I know name range of the missing files is dsc_150 to dsc_1310.

These cannot be found using Spotlight or Finder search on my Mac, portable hard drive (where I store all my pics). I'd expect it at least in my trash can if i had accidentally deleted it(!).

I'm not convinced my hard drive is faulty, but signs are pointing to it.

I may have to book an appointment at an Apple support shop. Only thing I can think of now.

Missing some albums/images and my library file cannot be found (aperture opens with no issues though)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.