Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to FCP, Exporting

FCPx, new user, editing is really nice, project plays beautifully within FC, share it out to any option and the result is shocking. Sawtooth, clunky, blotchy graphics should be a thing of the past!

Up to now I have either been converting MTS files before importing or getting the clips directly from from the Canon S21. Or MOV clips from my D7, so the input isn't the problem. Why is FCP incapable of exporting a decent file format when it can play it perfectly well? Tested with several players on mac and PC.

I'm sure this problem must have been addressed and answered before, I would like an answer that doesn't involve splashing out a load of cash, but please let me know where I should start.

Thanks,

Tull.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 6:36 PM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2012 1:10 PM in response to Jakob Peterhänsel

Thanks folks, I really am on a steep learning curve here. After a load of testing it appears the problem lies with the data files I have started with. I realised late last night files imported directly from the camera are not such a problem. The MTS that have gone through a converter are the issue. Smart converter creates a blank file with audio, and another converter I've found creates this awful saw tooth image.

What would be the best thing to convert the MTS files I have? Hundreds of them! Shot in 50i, just to make things more complicated!

Thanks,

Tull.

New to FCP, Exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.