Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viber not working anymore after wanting to reinstall

Hi, yesterday with the Amazon issues Viber had, I thought it might've been a problem on my end, so I decided to reinstall Viber (I allready had the latest version)
Now for some reason I can't re-download it because my phone has iOs 4.2.1, while the app says it needs 4.3 or higher. Why doesn't this version support my iOs anymore and is there a possible fix?

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 12:45 AM

19 replies

Oct 23, 2012 1:44 AM in response to Cruciatum

At all? What happens when you try installing it? I know when I tried reinstalling it again, and I put my number, it wouldn't connect me at all.

Here's what Viber has said, according to their site (http://helpme.viber.com/):

"Momentarily we are experiencing some issues with service. This may affect registration, connectivity, and contact syncing. This is related to our hosting provider (Amazon) and is likely affecting many of their customers. -- Amazon is on it and we will update as soon as we know more.

Our Apologies and thanks for your patience."

Oct 23, 2012 1:59 AM in response to Cruciatum

Unless you have the older version of the app in your iTunes library, on your computer, I'm afraid you're out of luck. The current version of Viber requires at least iOS 4.3, but iOS 4.2.1 is the end of the line for your phone. If you deleted the app on your phone & do not have the old app in your iTunes library, you will no longer be able to use Viber.

Viber not working anymore after wanting to reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.