Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Send Email - Not Allow Relaying???

Hi,

Since I couldn't find any help on identifying my problem with spam, I decided to re-install the server, set it up behind an Airport Extreme and changed the public IP. After many hours of configuring it so that I can have a clean install but keep my settings and data, I am finally able to receive email but I am not able to send any. I am getting a message: The recipient xxx@whatever.com was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying. I'm so tired I can't think anymore and I was seeking for some help... Here's my postconf -n:

server:/ sysop$ postconf -n

biff = no

command_directory = /usr/sbin

config_directory = /etc/postfix

content_filter =

daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix

debug_peer_level = 2

enable_server_options = yes

header_checks =

html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html

inet_interfaces = all

mail_owner = _postfix

mailbox_size_limit = 0

mailbox_transport = dovecot

mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq

manpage_directory = /usr/share/man

maps_rbl_domains =

message_size_limit = 10485760

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, ecogenia.ca, server.ecogenia.ca, localhost.localdomain, $mydomain

mydomain = ecogenia.ca

mydomain_fallback = localhost

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8,192.168.1.2,207.115.108.190

newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases

queue_directory = /private/var/spool/postfix

readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix

recipient_delimiter = +

relayhost =

sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/examples

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail

setgid_group = _postdrop

smtpd_client_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/smtpdreject cidr:/etc/postfix/smtpdreject.cidr permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org permit

smtpd_enforce_tls = no

smtpd_helo_required = no

smtpd_helo_restrictions =

smtpd_pw_server_security_options = cram-md5,gssapi,login

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated permit_mynetworks reject_unauth_destination permit

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/certificates/server.ecogenia.ca.B9BEBCFA9A643188A6A20932B602BC15FBEB0C4F.c hain.pem

smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/certificates/server.ecogenia.ca.B9BEBCFA9A643188A6A20932B602BC15FBEB0C4F.c ert.pem

smtpd_tls_exclude_ciphers = SSLv2, aNULL, ADH, eNULL

smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/certificates/server.ecogenia.ca.B9BEBCFA9A643188A6A20932B602BC15FBEB0C4F.k ey.pem

smtpd_use_pw_server = yes

smtpd_use_tls = yes

tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom

unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps

virtual_alias_maps =

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2012 4:27 AM

There was the access list to services that by default it was set to deny my users and I believe that it also took a bit of time for the MX Records to properly propagate.

Thaks anyway.

1 reply

Can't Send Email - Not Allow Relaying???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.