Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 1004 final cut pro x

Hi every body,

I'm tryng to upgrade my final cut pro x 10.0.4 to 10.0.5 but when i'm going to the App Store and i log in and i press the button restar (as i start upgrading it a week ago and after i stopped) the window with the ERROR 1004 appear.

What can i do to solve this problem.

Thanks

Pietro

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 4:39 AM

Quit the App Store if it's open.

Now open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy/paste: ~/LIbrary/Caches/com.apple.appstore

Click Go then move the Cache.db file from the com.apple.appstore folder to the Trash.

Type or copy/paste: ~/Library/Cookies

Click Go then move the com.apple.appstore.plist file from the Cookies folder to the Trash.

Type or copy/paste: ~/Library/Preferences

Click Go then move the com.apple.appstore.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Trash.

Try the App Store.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2012 4:39 AM in response to But_79

Quit the App Store if it's open.

Now open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy/paste: ~/LIbrary/Caches/com.apple.appstore

Click Go then move the Cache.db file from the com.apple.appstore folder to the Trash.

Type or copy/paste: ~/Library/Cookies

Click Go then move the com.apple.appstore.plist file from the Cookies folder to the Trash.

Click Go then move the com.apple.appstore.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Trash.

Try the App Store.

Mar 2, 2014 2:00 AM in response to But_79

The problem for me was the same for the majority of guys answering here: paths and/or files not present on my OSX Maveriks.

But I found the solution in another way:

serarching and erasing the third file you told to erase, the only I found of the list you've suggest, give no resultò

But I found also an com.apple.appstore.plist.lockfile file: I removed that file, and no more Error 1004 during the update of the app that originally generated my 1004 error.

Thanks in any case, ad hope this hint can help some one else

JC

Message was edited by: JoeVR

error 1004 final cut pro x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.