Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SET UP TIME CAPSULE?

PURCHASED TIME CAPSULE, NO INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED, JUST A POWER CORD. WHAT DO I DO? I only have WIFI available from Verizon that came without any cables.

Mac, iTouch, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 6:59 AM

If you purchased the Time Capsule as a new device, you should have received a Setup Guide in the box. If you didn't, it is possible that you received a used or re-boxed unit.

If you purchased the Time Capsule as a re-furbished device, it is possible that the Setup Guide would not be included, since this not a new device.

In either case, you can download the Setup Guide here:

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Generation) - Setup Guide

You will also need to use (or purchase) an Ethernet cable to connect the Time Capsule to one of the LAN <-> Ethernet ports on the Verizon router.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2012 6:59 AM in response to 2ZoomZoom

If you purchased the Time Capsule as a new device, you should have received a Setup Guide in the box. If you didn't, it is possible that you received a used or re-boxed unit.

If you purchased the Time Capsule as a re-furbished device, it is possible that the Setup Guide would not be included, since this not a new device.

In either case, you can download the Setup Guide here:

Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Generation) - Setup Guide

You will also need to use (or purchase) an Ethernet cable to connect the Time Capsule to one of the LAN <-> Ethernet ports on the Verizon router.

Oct 23, 2012 8:13 AM in response to 2ZoomZoom

Thanks, I bought it at the PX on Ft. Lee, VA. It was covered in dust. Not even sure what generation it is. Needed it ASAP as my hard drive is being "recalled" and replaced. Just another problem I got since switching from PC to MAC. I figured out the Ethernet cable, but it asked me for a password. After several attempts contacting someone at APPLE, I spoke to 2 different people who thought it was my IP password, or PUBLIC. No mentioning of any password in any documentation!! Very frustratrating dealing with APPLE, but at the end they come thru unlike Microsoft.

Oct 23, 2012 9:18 AM in response to 2ZoomZoom

Chances are, someone previously programmed the Time Capsule, so they would have assigned a different device password. When you perform a Factory Default Reset, the device password will reset back to "public".

Take a look at the bottom of the Time Capsule if you want to know which generation product you have and post back with the Model Number.

Oct 23, 2012 12:56 PM in response to 2ZoomZoom

Discontinued does not mean that the product is no longer supported......it means that a specific version is no longer being manufactured. I'm still running a First Generation Time Capsule and applying updates as they become available.

If you are asking about Time Machine backups, click the Time Machine "clock" icon on the dock of the Mac computer

Wait a few minutes for the "Star Wars" Time Machine interface to load

Use the scale at the right of the screen to move up or back in time and select a date to view how your Mac looked on that date. Might be a good idea to keep support documents handy for more info.

Mac 101: Time Machine - Support - Apple

and / or

http://pondini.org/TM/Time_Capsule.html

SET UP TIME CAPSULE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.