Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you add cities to the clock feature?

Noticed that the clock feature is limited to specific cities and countries. Is there a way to add additional cities or countries not listed to the ipads and/or the iPhones? Would this go through tech support or what?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 8:45 AM

19 replies

Aug 27, 2017 8:39 PM in response to pukoh

pukoh wrote:

I don't care if they don't put list every city, but if I search for something with the search bar, it SHOULD show up.

SO, you do want every possible city in the entire world listed, because you may search for any of them? OR, you only want the cities that YOU might actually search for? Your requirements are not very clear. And if it's the latter, please list all of the cities you might search for.

But, once you sort out which one you want, feel free to let Apple know using their feedback link at Feedback - iPad - Apple

Oct 18, 2017 3:41 PM in response to Ijames777

Never did I say Apple doesn't *want* or *won't* allow it. What is preposterous is your comment.

1) Your experience with other giant tech companies must be limited. Searching for a particular city in a particular app is not a magical search that just happens. Search for Paris. What Paris comes up? Paris, France? Or Paris, Texas, USA? Miami, FL or Miami, OH? How about Riverside? Which of the 36 states would you be referring to? So, with all of your experience with giant tech companies, and knowing it's so easy, just let Apple know in it's readily available Feedback site. Please. To make it easier, here is the link: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

2) Glad you agree that iCloud was a good invention.

3)"shredding the music" in iTunes has nothing to do with this thread. Please go to the iTunes forum. I'm sure they can't wait for your contributions to their forum.

Aug 27, 2017 8:01 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I want to add Orlando Florida. Fine, if they don't want to be city specific. But nothing even shows up searching Florida.

Why the **** is Acton USA on the list. When it's got a population of 20k.

Orlando has a population 10 times the size.

I don't care if they don't put list every city, but if I search for something with the search bar, it SHOULD show up.

Oct 17, 2017 9:59 PM in response to MLadd

That remark that Apple Corp doesn’t want to or won’t allow a iPhone clock function to search for a specific town or city is preposterous. My experience with many other giant tech companies i is that they will allow searching for any city. How hard could it be? The data isn’t on the phone; years ago the client / server thing was worked out now they have it repackaged as the iCloud ( nice invention Apple). So I don’t understand the feet drag for 5 years. Also iTunes needs to stop shredding the music please and there are plenty of threads that have talked about it. Nice hardware, software *****.

Oct 19, 2017 12:43 PM in response to MLadd

This is kind of silly (and discourteous)

There are ways to implement a far more exhaustive list, particularly now that data storage is cheaper and the cloud is available. Palm could do it, google can do it, (I *think* android sets time zones automatically from location data, but I'm not certain.) It has been suggested earlier there is a decent work around where you enter the name of your town or city, then the time zone (and maybe if daylight is observed), and if desired latitude and longitude. Done. I made this suggestion to Apple in 2015 through their feedback / system improvement link.

Meanwhile, I find that some cities have been added since 2015. Previously I had to choose, NYC; now I can choose Boston.

Oct 23, 2012 9:00 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Still didn't answer my question...how can developers add local cities smaller than Tampa FL and we can't get common US cities added? Why is it a problem to add these major cities to the listing...instead of your answer THAT'S JUST WHAT IT IS, TOUGH ****? It's an issue to seriously address if the community is asking. Do the programmers and developers actually look at these comments and feedback reports?

Oct 24, 2012 5:05 AM in response to dribbles

No, they do not respond to these posts (this is a user-to-user forum), nor will they respond directly to you if you post to the product feedback form (http://www.apple.com/feedback/).

I have to disagree that my response doesn't answer your question (just not the answer you want to hear). Adding every medium to small market community in the world is far from practical. By all means submit your request, just don't hold your breath.

Oct 24, 2012 5:15 AM in response to Diavonex

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico, Spanish is my native tongue. I do not speak English very well, however, I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

I think that the point is that if the city or town doesn't appear in that list, then you are out of luck, unlike weather widgets, which seem to be a bit more exhaustive in what is available.

Oct 24, 2012 8:40 PM in response to dribbles

Thanks James for standing up. Guys, you're missing the whole picture here. Save the smug remarks for people that care. How hard would it be to change the code and develop a simple program that would allow you to customize with your own personal city/country of choice, select the time zone and click whether it was daylight savings time instead do adding thousands do cities and countries to the listing (which we know Apple IS NOT GOING TO DO). It's a simple question and all I'm hearing is NO. It's not like I'm asking Apple to add Flash Player to the OS...because God knows that will never happen. Who do I need to contact outside of this forum for further assistance?

How do you add cities to the clock feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.