Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vignette appears after I click on an image

I am shooting in raw with a Nikon D3x and a D700. When I click on an image for the first time in Aperture, I see a good image for a few seconds, and then the contrast lessens, the image darkens and a vignette appears. In most instances, I prefer the original image that is up there for a second or three before the image is adjusted.

I thought perhaps Aperture took a second to apply some in-camera processing to the image, but the only option I have turned on is ActiveD Lighting, which I am told has no affect in Aperture.

Anyone know what this post-import change is on my image?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 10:33 AM

I thought perhaps Aperture took a second to apply some in-camera processing to the image, but the only option I have turned on is ActiveD Lighting, which I am told has no affect in Aperture.

Mark,

the opposite is true. When Aperture loads the images, you see the jpeg previews with the in-camera preprocessing, and afterwards the previews of the naked raw files generated by Aperture, without any adjustments done.

If you prefer the processed jpeg with in-camera adjustments, you might consider to use the jpegs as masters/originals and not the raw.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2012 10:33 AM in response to Mark Duehmig

Mark,

the opposite is true. When Aperture loads the images, you see the jpeg previews with the in-camera preprocessing, and afterwards the previews of the naked raw files generated by Aperture, without any adjustments done.

If you prefer the processed jpeg with in-camera adjustments, you might consider to use the jpegs as masters/originals and not the raw.

Regards

Léonie

Vignette appears after I click on an image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.